REGULAR MEETING OF THE NEVADA CITY COUNCIL
MONDAY, MARCH 27, 2017 – 6:00 P.M.
NEVADA CITY HALL, COUNCIL CHAMBERS – 1209 6TH STREET
Notice to the Public: The Mayor and City Council welcome comments from the public during discussion on agenda items. If you wish to speak, please complete a card found on the podium near this agenda and hand it to the City Clerk before the meeting. When your name is called, please step to the podium, state your name and address for the record, and speak. The Mayor may limit each speaker to five minutes. If you wish to present written materials and/or a signed petition in addition to your oral presentation, those materials need to be delivered to the City Clerk by noon on the Wednesday prior to the meeting to be included in the Council packet. The normal process on any particular agenda item is that the motion is placed on the floor, input is received from the audience, the Council is given an opportunity to comment on the issue or respond to the audience concerns, and the vote is taken. On ordinances, there is time provided for public input when recognized by the Chair. In consideration of all, if you have a cell phone, please turn it off or put it on silent ring. The use of obscene and vulgar language, hate speech, racial slurs, slanderous comments, and any other disruptive behavior during the Council meeting will not be tolerated and the offender may be barred by the presiding officer from further comment before the Council during the meeting and/or removed from the meeting.
1. Call the Meeting to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Approval of the Agenda
4. Approval of CONSENT AGENDA (Any item on the Consent Agenda may be removed for separate consideration.)
A. Approve Minutes of the Regular Meeting held on March 13, 2017
B. Approve Payment of Cash Disbursements, including Check Numbers 66572-66640 and Electronic Check Numbers 348-350 (Inclusive) Totaling $226,852.62 (See attached list)
5. PUBLIC FORUM: Time set aside for comments from the public on topics of City business other than those listed on the agenda – no action may be taken. (Please keep your comments to five minutes or less.) This is an opportunity for members of the audience to bring to the Council’s attention any item not listed on the agenda. Comments are limited to five (5) minutes per citizen, and the City will notify citizens when their time has expired. Speakers may not yield their times to others, and as a general rule this is not a time for exchange of questions. The Mayor has the authority to reduce the time allowed for comment in accordance with the number of persons present and signed up to speak.
6. OLD BUSINESS
A. Ordinance No. 993 (2016/2017): An Ordinance Amending the Zoning Map of the City of Nevada, Iowa, by Amending the Zoning Classification of Parcels of Land Owned by Dowell Sisters and located within the Corporate Limits of the City of Nevada, Iowa, from “AR” (Agricultural Reserve) District to “GI” (General Industrial) District (second reading)
B. 2017 Emerald Ash Borer Project
1. Approve Pay Request No. 2 from Robb’s Tree & Stump Service in the amount of $2,375
2. Resolution No. 049 (2016/2017): A Resolution approving the 2017 Emerald Ash
Borer Project Substantially Complete and Releasing the retainage in 30 days
C. Resolution No. 050 (2016/2017): A Resolution Approving the Second Addendum to the Purchase Agreement for Real Estate, Earnest Money
D. Discussion and Appropriate Follow Up on Iowa DOT request for City support of a flyover on US30 between 6th and S14 Streets, closing S14
E. Approve Amendment to HR Green Agreement for the 2017 CIP Street Improvement Construction Phase services in the amount not to exceed $67,300
7. NEW BUSINESS
A. Resolution No. 051 (2016/2017): A Resolution to provide for a notice of hearing on proposed plans, specifications, form of contract and estimate of cost for the 2017 Asphalt Project, and the taking of bids therefor
B. Approve Purchase of Truck Service Body for Water Department Truck
C. Approve Furniture for the Fire Station Remodel Project
D. Approve Beverage Contract for Aquatic Center and SCORE Park
8. REPORTS – City Administrator/Mayor/Council/Staff
The agenda was posted on the official bulletin board on March 23, 2017, in compliance with the requirements of the open meetings law.