The City of Nevada assists with a spring clean-up day coinciding with the Resource Recovery Plants, 110 Center Avenue Ames, Iowa (515) 239-5137, free day.
Spring Clean-up has had a drop off site in the west parking lot of Harrington Park (15th Street and Lincoln Highway, please enter the parking lot from 15th Street). Assistance for unloading has been available at the site. Nevada residents only – Identification has been required.
- Paint cans will be accepted only if they are empty or dried out.
- There will be a limit of two (in total) televisions or computer screens from each household.
- Toys, swing sets, carpet, furniture, lawn mowers, snow blowers, household goods, papers, plastics, and metals.
- Yard waste (leaves, grass clippings, garden wastes, and branches) is accepted by All Seasons Contracting Services at 407 Freel Drive in special bags. Call 233-8508 for their rates and hours of operation.
- Tires are accepted for a fee at the Ames Resource Recovery Plant.
- Appliances are accepted for a fee of at the Ames Resource Recovery Plant. Appliances include but are not limited to microwaves, water heaters, stoves, refrigerators, washers, dryers, freezers, humidifiers, dehumidifiers, and air conditioners.
- Household Hazardous waste is accepted on Wednesdays, 12:30 p.m. – 3:15 p.m. by appointment at the Ames Resource Recovery Plant (Call 239-5137).
- Waste oil.
- Construction/demolition debris (wood, bricks, concrete, and similar items). These materials must be disposed of at the Ames-Story Environmental Landfill at 2101 Watt Street. Call them at 232-5864 for hours of operation and fees.
If you miss the Nevada hours the Ames Resource Recovery Plant, 110 Center Avenue, will be open from 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Please access the Plant from the west on 2nd Street. Expect a wait, so please be patient.
You may drop off at the Recovery Plant itself also.