The streets supervisor is in charge of daily activities of the Street Department. The Streets supervisor is Mike Neal. Please feel free to contact Mike during office hours Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. at 382-4813 with any questions or comments.
If there is an emergency regarding streets or City sewers during off hours please call the Sheriff’s Office at 382-6566.
Primary functions of the streets department include but are not limited to:
- Maintain, clean, and repair 44.21 lane miles of roadway and right-of-way
- Replace and repair all signs in the right of way
- Perform snow removal on all city streets, alleys, and public parking lots
- Remove tree’s on city property and right-of-way
- Operate and maintain all excavation and road maintenance equipment
- Review and comment on construction site plans submitted to the city
- Assist water, wastewater, and parks with excavation, grading, and repair of city utilities and grounds
- Clearing of City sewer blockages
- Do concrete paving repair on city property.