Fawcett Family Aquatic Center is an outdoor facility with waterslides, water play features, sand volleyball, sand play area, shade funbrellas, lounge chairs, lap swimming area, diving board, and full service concessions.
Fawcett Family Aquatic Center
1717 Fawcett Parkway
Nevada, Iowa 50201
Rhonda Maier, Assistant Director
515-382-2230 - Phone is only functional during open (summer) season.
Dates of Operation: June 1 - Aug. 18, 2013
Early Bird Lap Swim: 6-7:30 a.m. (M,W,F)
Open Swim: Noon – 7 p.m. daily
Adult Lap Swim: 11 a.m. - Noon (Daily)
Days of operation including hours: **Hours are subject to change due to any unforeseen circumstance**
Rates and Fees:
- Family Season Pass: $150.00 + tax
Pass is good for one season for up to 4 family
members living in the same household. Additional family members are an extra $25.00 each, plus tax. Pass is not good for special events outside regular pool hours. Total pass cost including sales tax for a family of 4 or less is $160.50.
- Individual Season Pass: $75.00 + tax
Pass is good for one season. Pass is not good for
special events outside regular pool hours. Total pass cost including sales tax is $80.25.
- Senior Season Pass: $55.00 + tax
Pass is good for one season for individuals 55 years of age and older. Pass is not good for
special events outside regular pool hours. Total pass cost including sales tax is $58.85.
- General Admission: $4.00/person**
All patrons ages 2-54 must pay to enter the pool facility regardless of their intent to swim or not. General admission includes use of all pool facilities.
- Senior Citizen Admission: $3.50/person**
All individuals over the age of 55 receive a complimentary $.50 discount off the regular general admission price.
- Children 1 and under: FREE
All children 1 and under receive free admission
when accompanied by a paying adult.
- Twilight Swim: $2.00/person**
After 5:30 p.m. each day admission is $2.00/person. 1 and under FREE.
- Punch Pass: $40.00/card**
10 admissions to the Aquatic Center. Punch cards are available at Fawcett Family Aquatic Center. Senior Citizen punch cards are available for $35.00.
- Group Rate: $3.50/person**
Groups of 20 or more calling ahead of time can
receive a group rate of $3.50/person.
- Prices with a double asterisk (**) include sales tax.
Little Tykes Swim
Come enjoy Fawcett Family Aquatic Center with your little one. This special event is for children 7 years of age and younger accompanied by a parent/guardian. Cost is $2.00/person.
Time: 10:30 - Noon
Groups are invited to utilize the pool for reunions, corporate gatherings, birthday parties, etc. from 5:30-7 p.m. daily. This special time can be scheduled for 1.5 hours at a rate of $100.00**. Groups can have as many swimmers as they would like to attend and can bring in food for their event. Please remember that this special rate is still during open swim. Call 382-4352 for available times and to reserve your date. Reservations may be made beginning in February of each year. All rentals must be made at least one (1) week prior to the rental date.
PRIVATE POOL PARTIES
Schedule your pool party now! Rent the pool for your private party. Parties are 1.5 hours in length from 7:20-8:50 p.m. This year the facility can be rented by:
Zero Depth Only: $100.00
Zero Depth and Slides: $150.00
Entire Facility: $200.00
Little Tykes Party: $200.00*
*Call or see Little Tykes swim for details
Call 382-4352 for available times and to reserve your date. Reservations may be made beginning in February of each year. All rentals must be made at least one (1) week prior to the rental date. See rental agreement for all necessary information.
Water Exercise is a great way to improve muscular strength and endurance, flexibility, and expand cardiovascular fitness with out the impact of land based exercise routines. Participants in this class will use aqua joggers, water weights, and kickboards. This class is for people of all ages and swimming abilities. Please see registration form below for more information regarding dates, times, etc.
Private Swim Lessons
Private swim lessons are available through lifeguards employed at Fawcett Family Aquatic Center. Nevada Parks and Recreation will provide individuals interested in private swim lessons a list of potential instructors. It is the responsibility of the parent to contact the instructor of their choice to teach private
lessons. Anyone taking private swim lessons must either have a season pass or pay the daily admission fee. Lessons are based on ½ hour sessions averaging $8.00/half hour. There must be a 1-1 instructor/child ratio. Lessons will be allowed during the following times:
- 11 a.m. – Noon
- 5:30 – 7:00 p.m.
If you are interested in obtaining a list of private
lesson instructors please contact Nevada Parks and Recreation at 382-4352 or lists are available at Fawcett Family Aquatic Center.
Rules and Regulations
- No pushing, fighting, dunking or other horseplay is allowed in or around the pool facility.
- No diving in the shallow end of the swimming pool and in other areas where it is marked "NO DIVING".
- No running on the deck.
- All patrons must wear regulation swimwear. No t-shirts, jean shorts, or cutoffs are allowed into the pool.
- A soap shower is required before entering the pool.
- No glass objects will be allowed in or around the pool facility.
- A responsible individual 16 years of age or older must supervise children under the age of seven (7) at all times.
- Patrons under the age of 17 must demonstrate the ability to earn their deep-water pass. The deep-water pass allows patrons entrance to the lap lanes, diving well, and waterslide areas.
- Waterslide users must be 48" tall or have their deep-water pass before using the waterslides.
- Rest periods will begin 10 minutes before the hour and end on the hour.
- No flotation devices are allowed in lap lanes, diving well, or waterslide areas.
- Water wings and life jackets are the only acceptable flotation devices allowed. (No inner tubes or noodles are allowed)
- All play toys are subject to the approval of management.
- Children may not go into lap lanes or diving well even when accompanied by an adult unless they have their deep-water pass.
- No smoking is allowed inside the pool facility.
- Children that are not toilet trained must wear a "swim" diaper.
- Persons with open sores will not be allowed to swim.
- No backwards jumps, dives, or flips are allowed from the edge of the pool.
- The City of Nevada is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
*This is not a complete list of rules. For a complete list, contact the Nevada Parks and Recreation Department at 515-382-4352 or download them here (PDF).